So I am a huge fan of Sole water- Pronounce So-Lay. It has a great profile of minerals and trace elements that provide amazing function in the body and is easy and not expensive to make yourself.
There is research showing that the benefits of salt are incredible and its not the health hazard we were told it was.
Pink Himalayan sea salt can contain over 84 minerals and trace elements, including calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron.
Here is a cool blog from Organic Momma with a wealth of info on the Benefits of Sole
I mean do you think you are getting these benefits in your food plan currently?
- Glass mason jar with a plastic lid ( Do Not use a metal lid or metal at all in you sole)
- 1-2 cups Himalayan Salt or any other nutrient-rich salt (I like it to be a medium grind or course)
- Filtered water or tap- this should be dependent on wether or not you have good tap water- do not use treated water
- Fill your mason jar to about the ¼ of the way with salt.
- Add filtered water until about an inch remains at the top of the jar.
- Close the lid onto the jar and shake to mix lightly.
- Let sit overnight.
- In the morning see the salt is dissolved and add more salt if it did. Check it again the next day. The goal is to have water that is saturating itself with the water. Once it reaches capacity of saturation it will no longer dissolve the salt and you will see whole crystals
- If you have added salt the night before and wake up to whole crystals in the morning you have successfully made sole water that is nutrient packed and ready to go.
What to do with it:
You can store this right on the counter in your kitchen. Sole water does not go bad and does not need to be refrigerated. Salt is a natural preservative!
Add this to your water first thing in the morning to saturate your cells with these incredible minerals. Use a teaspoon in a cup and fill with water. Be sure to manage you bowel tolerance as too much can give you an incredible flush- think laxative effect.
How I Use It:
Make sure that you mix Sole with water so you don’t experience the flush I was discussing earlier
Do NOT use table salt- Iodized salt is devoid of minerals and is linked to many health issues. Please be sure to use a Himalayan Pink salt or Celtic sea salt.
AVOID USING METAL UTENSILS OR A METAL LID?
Metal can react with salt water so don’t use a metal cap. I use a metal spoon to put it in my blender bottle for the morning but never leave metal in the water. I would warn against this even if they are rust free or non corrosive metal. The point is a healthy ionizing drink, not something that is that has unwanted metals and elements.